About the Applicant
Imagination is a global creative business established in 1968.
We believe in transforming business through creativity, recognising that the creative requirements of brand communications have shifted from ‘message’ ideas to ‘experience’ ideas. We have made a conscious effort to re-think the product we provide for our clients, not by changing what we do, but by expanding what we do. The result is work that is more relevant to clients and more relevant to consumers, more often.
GE (Brand) / Imagination (Agency)
Ecomagination is a sub-brand of multinational conglomerate, General Electric. Focussed on R&D and innovation, Ecomagination seeks to develop products and solutions that reduce environmental impact.
- Bring to life GE’s strategic vision “solving the region’s toughest energy and resource challenges’.
- Foster open discussion about current consumption trends and the future of energy and water in the MENA region.
- Present the GE (via ecomagination) relevant, proven solution to the region’s future energy, resource and infrastructure needs.
- Highlight the interconnectedness of everything GE do through a holistic story that makes justice to it in a real world scenario.
- Provide an environment where visitors can get involved hands on with the problems GE are trying to solve and their solutions.
Interactive: Using a combination of print, touch-based interactive pieces and digital installations we were able to establish global and regional context, before deep-diving into focus areas such as lighting, transportation, energy use and personal consumption in fresh, interesting and entertaining ways.
Focussing on the environmental trends that will shape our collective futures, the centre features 10 custom digital interactive stations – using a range of technologies from motion sensing to physical / digital integrated elements – and wall graphics to tell its story.
Immersive: The GE ecomaginaiton story is made real through Madinati – a city of 5 million people, brought to life through a jaw dropping 16sqm interactive table that combines physical buildings, with the underlying ‘behaviour’ of the city shown through digital animations under the perspex model city and brought to life for users by interactive screens, projection and voice-over.
Designed in conjunction with urban planners, data scientists and industry specialists, Madinati blends digital and physical to create a data driven urban sandpit. In this, users can explore a range of real-life, accurate city scenarios, exploring how a range of inter-connected GE products and services can delivery real economic and environmental benefits.
This ‘sandbox’ approach ensures the city can be used into the future for projections and modelling – making it more than a strategic asset, not just a sales tool.
The GE ecomagination center officially opened on 15 January 2014, when over 100 customers, think tanks, universities and industry and government leaders gathered for the official press reception event.
- Region-wide newspaper and editorial coverage in all major publications, including Sky News Arabia, Al Jazeera, The National Golf News and Al Aribiya News.
- Favourable coverage from industry and personal eco-blogs.
Visited by members of the UAE ruling family, the US Ambassador and assorted VIPs. Most notably:
- Dr. Sultan Al Jaber, UAE minister of state and CEO of Masdar.
- Deb Frodl, GE’s global executive director of ecomagination.
- Nabil Habayeb, GE’s president & CEO for the Middle East, North Africa and Turkey.
- Large government and corporate contracts were gained right after the opening of this centre.
- High visitor engagement to the centre, where each guests spends an average of over an hour per visit.
- Now a base for training and innovation, attracting businesses and students from the UAE and beyond, establishing a lasting presence for GE in the Middle East.
- Winner: Best Interior at the Middle East Interior Design Awards.
- Winner: Best Touch or Gesture Based Interactive at Event Marketer’s Event Marketing Awards.
“This is truly a landmark partnership in the development of Masdar City because it will allow us to jointly develop, deploy, scale and market innovative solutions in renewable energy and sustainability.”